Monday, May 30, 2011

Walnut Sugar Scrub


For this scrub, I started with one pound of my cream soap base. It is very, very stiff, so I added 1/2 ounce apricot kernel oil, one ounce aloe juice, and a few drops of coconut fragrance oil, and kind of squished it together. Then, I went at it with the hand mixer on medium. This part is kind of tricky, kind of like making frosting. If you add too little aloe, the soap won't be creamy enough to whip, but if you add too much, goop. So, I added one mL at a time with a pipet until it was like divinity, or whipped until stiff peaks form. I then took one cup of this whipped soap, and added two cups white sugar, and 1/2 ounce finely crushed walnut shell. I'm sure pumice would have worked as well. The addition of the sugar made it very creamy again, not stiff at all. And that was it! Just a little mixing with the hand mixer on low, just until it was well mixed. The result was a creamy honey consistency, and just dreamy on my hands! It feels a lot like an oil based sugar scrub, but rinses completely clean, moisturizing but not oily. Yea!!

No comments:

Post a Comment