Sunday, March 20, 2011

Considering a Change of Venue

I'm sure everyone knows that there have been some issues at Etsy recently. While I don't want to go into them here, I understand that some buyers may be hesitant to shop there at this time. I have been considering perhaps moving my special seasonal sales to another venue, but I do not want to cut off my own nose to spite my face. I haven't personally had any problems with the changes, and I've been happy at Etsy so far, but if my customers aren't happy, then something must change. I have less than a week now to make that change - but if it's not necessary, then I don't need to. If you have a concern, please e-mail me at Sweets_N_Things@yahoo.com, or feel free to post in my comments here. Thank you for your advice, and support.

3 comments:

  1. Hey there! Just popped over from etsy. I was coming to your shop to reorder shampoo and I'm also a fairly new seller on etsy. I must have my head in the sand, what are the issues?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicole11:28 AM

    I shop on Etsy frequently, and have been planning to open a shop. Like Ashlie, I don't know what the issues are, either. Could you please let us know? Thanks!
    And your soaps look wonderful :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Back in March someone in the media discovered that you could search for someone's real name, and look at their purchases on Etsy. Very bad if your mom Googles you and sees you've been buying fine handmade sex toys. Etsy has fixed that (and they did it pronto), so I'm cool with them.

    ReplyDelete